Title V of the Gramm-Leach-Bliley Act (GLBA) generally prohibits any financial institution, directly or through its affiliates from sharing nonpublic personal information about you with a nonaffiliated third party unless the institution provides you with a notice of its privacy policies and practices, such as the type of information that it collects about you and the categories of persons or entities to whom it may be disclosed. In compliance with GLBA, we are providing you with this document, which notifies you of the privacy policies and practices of Allegiance Title Company.
Types of Information
We may collect non-public personal information about you from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you on applications, forms and in other communications to us whether in writing, in person, by telephone or any other means;
- Information about your transaction secured from our files, from our affiliates, or from any other source;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency; and
- Information we receive from any other party involved in your transaction, such as the real estate agent or lender.
Use of Information
We may disclose any of the above information that we collect about our customers or former customers to our affiliates or to nonaffiliated third parties as necessary for us to provide the product or service you have requested or as permitted by law. Additionally, we may store such information indefinitely, including the period after which the customer relationship has ceased. This information may also be disclosed to the following types of nonaffiliated companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or with whom we have joint marketing agreements:
- Financial service providers such as companies engaged in banking, consumer finance, securities, and insurance; and
- Non-financial companies such as envelope stuffers and other fulfillment service providers.
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide our products or services to you. Allegiance Title Company maintains physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations in order to guard your nonpublic personal information.
We will use our best efforts to make sure no unauthorized person has access to any of your information. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you with anyone for any purpose that is not specifically permitted by law.
Allegiance Title Blog and Video Disclaimer
The Allegiance Title Company website blog and videos are a public service containing information from other sources. It is for general information purposes only. As in all cases the viewers should do their own due diligence with respect to the timeliness of the information, factual content and/or judgments and opinions rendered.